Container Freight Station(CFS)
We operate one of the leading CFS facilities offering cargo handling services for containerized and loose cargo passing through the port of Mombasa, on a direct delivery basis. We take pride in being the first CFS in Kenya to develop the concept and serve as a dry port for cargo handling. The services offered at the CFS include:
• Documentation and direct transfer of CFS manifested cargo from the Port to the CFS pending clearance.
• A one stop clearance hub having all relevant government agencies including Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS), Kenya Police located within the CFS to facilitate quick clearance.
• Handling of containerized and loose cargo
• Handling of containerized and loose motor vehicles
• Stripping and storage of cargo – the CFS has a warehouse complex with storage capacity of 90,000 square feet and 250,000 square feet of open yard.
TYPES OF CARGO HANDLED AT THE CFS
Cargo handled at the CFS include:
• Containerised cargo
• Loose cargo
• Bagged cargo
• Project cargo
• Motor vehicles
The CFS is secured with electric fence, flood lights, manned guards with patrol dogs for maximum security.
ADVANTAGES OF USING THE CFS
• Quick transfer of cargo from the port to enable faster clearance hence no storage / demurrage.
• One stop clearance location
• Minimum risk to cargo during transfer since the CFS, the only one closest to the port of Mombasa is located only 500 meters from the port gate.
• Maximum security and safety of cargo.
• Mitchell Cotts assured responsibility on cargo until delivered to the client
• Dealing with a helpful and responsive staff
To achieve efficiency in clearance all consignment should be manifested to read in transit to Mitchell Cotts CFS